NEARAdministration and Operations Assistant - NEAR
Objectives of the Assignment
The core function of this position is based in the NEAR Nairobi, is to provide administrative support to the Executive director and general organizational management in liaison with other NEAR and Adeso staff.
Specific roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Operation manager, the Administration and Operations Assistant will
Manage the daily schedule for the Executive director, NEAR staff keeping them informed of appointments and meetings in good time and changing schedules when necessary.
Assisting NEAR Executive Director
- Screen and prioritize communications with the Executive Director from external and internal sources.
- Act as the focal point for all required approvals for staff managed by the Executive Director (travel authorization, advance requests and request timesheets, fund request), including ensuring documentation that’s correct, bringing complete requests to the Executive Director for signature and scanning and sending the approved documents back to the requester.
- Manage executive Director Travel advances and liquidations as well as follow-up with staff for expenses clearance before issuance of subsequent advance.
- In liaison with operations manager at Adeso, assist with the travel arrangements to the field for the Executive Director including flight/vehicle and accommodation bookings.
- Maintain an up to date contacts database for NEAR Executive Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and the program manager
Logistics and Admin Support
- Organize all the logistics and administration related to all meetings and events
- Assist in making logistical arrangements for tickets and hotel accommodation for NEAR team.
- Provide assistance in setting up Leadership Council meetings.
- Supports with the hiring of all Network-related staff and consultants, including assisting with drafting job Descriptions, TORs and follow-up;
- Assist with logistics for Network related workshops, training events and conferences;
- Organizes and coordinates regular Network team meetings and Skype/conference calls/video-conferences, often over different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents prior to meetings;
- Compile and distribute minutes of all Network meetings
- Acknowledges receipt of correspondence and documentation on behalf of Network staff, and drafts preliminary versions of correspondence to be reviewed by the Executive Director;
- Maintain an effective filing system (hard and soft copies) for the Network;
- Coordinates and disseminates material for internal and external use as required;
- Ensure that various logistics and administrative tasks such as travel arrangements for Network staff, preparation of payment requisitions and securing approvals, activity budget preparation, review and monitoring, procurement of supplies and equipment within organization guidelines, human resources administration, leave planning and tracking are done in an effective and efficient manner
- Liaise with and support Network staff to ensure that the Network functions effectively, proper and timely follow up of tasks while making best use of project resources.
- In liaison with Adeso finance, ensure petty cash availability for NEAR, administration, reconciliation, replenishment and counts.
Program Development and Management
- Support the design and development of high quality donor proposals in collaboration with the NEAR team conducting background research where required.
- Work with the Network Director to maintain frequent and productive communication with current and future donor agencies and foundations, identifying and following-up on potential funding opportunities and support the development of evidence-based, innovative concept notes and proposals.
- Support NEAR’s adherence to compliance with Adeso and all relevant donor policies and regulations.
- Support the grant award management module to track grant reporting milestones for all Network activities.
- Support the grants and report tracking system to ensure adherence to internal and donor deadlines for program, financial and any other grant award reports
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum of a diploma in secretarial studies /administration, communications, or other relevant subject.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft computer packages [word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook]
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks to strict deadlines
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in an International NGO preferred
- Ability to provide flexible support including occasionally after hours and on weekends.
Please Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
APPLICATION PROCESS This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting “Administration and Operations Assistant” the email subject matter, by 9th August, 2017.
Adeso together with other local and national NGOs have come together to form a global network which was launched in May 2016 at the World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul, Turkey. The network, NEAR (Network for Empowered Aid Response), is a movement of local organizations with a bold ambition – to reshape the top-down humanitarian and development system to one that is locally driven and owned, and is built around equitable, dignified and accountable partnerships.